by Jang C.

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

Gom Shabu Shabu is a Korean hot pot place. They work like the other hotpot-like places around the area.

When you order, you get a plate of nappa, red cabbage, hotdog, tofu, dduk, fish cakes, noodles, egg, corn, mushrooms, bok choy, squash, broccoli, and other vegetables. 

Like everyone said, their premium beef is good. it's fresh and tastes good. You have to swish it around a few seconds in the hot broth to have it cooked to perfection. You shouldn't leave it in the broth too long or it will overcook.

The broth seems like chicken broth. But I'm not sure about that. It has a nice taste. We just add some of the sauces from the sauce bar to kick it up a notch.

The service was good. They didn't seem too friendly, but they were in a hurry and efficient. You ring the door bell to beckon the servers. And they seem fast to respond. 

You can choose to make the sauce yourself or have the employees make it. I chose to make it myself. They didn't have much sauces to offer. They had chili oil, garlic, cilantro, ponzu, seafood sauce, ketchup, Sriracha, and others. Unfortunately, a few of the containers weren't labeled. So I didn't know what they were. But they looked like soy sauce and other.